Sunday, September 20, 2015

Evaluation

Lab 1

1. Prior to this activity, how would you rank yourself in knowledge about the topic. (1-No Knowledge at at all, 2-Very Little Knowledge, 3-Some knowledge, 4-A good amount of knowledge, 5-I knew all about this)

I would rate myself as a 3, in that I had some knowledge and somewhat of an idea of how to accomplish the goal.

2.       Following this activity, how would you rate the amount of knowledge you have on the topic (1- I don’t really know enough to talk about the topic, 2- I know enough to explain what I did, 3-I know enough to repeat what I did, 4-I know enough to teach someone else, 5- I am an expert)

I rate myself as a 4; I know enough to teach someone else the concepts. However, there is always room for improvement and I admit that I most likely do not know enough to consider myself an expert.

3.       Did the hands-on approach to this activity add to how much you were able to learn (1-Strongly Disagree, 2-Disagree, 3-No real opinion, 4-Agree, 5-Strongly Agree)

The hands on approach added greatly to what I was able to learn. As a kinesthetic leaner concepts are most easily grasped by physically performing the goal. In lecture the theoretical concept of our goal was almost lost on me.

What types of learning strategies would you recommend to make the activity even better?
I understand that the learning outcome of this lab was to see how we perform with little guidance, but a hard copy of the instructions would have been helpful as I often second guessed my tasks in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment